When the Public Broadcasting System (PBS) needed better web analytics tools, they turned to Google Analytics and certified partner LunaMetrics. In the first year after implementation, PBS was able to realize a 30% increase in traffic, while also increasing registration conversions at PBSKids.com by one-third.
- Have a single place to monitor all PBS properties
- Allow producers to see only their program's web performance
- Track key elements, like registrations and video views
- Used two account codes: entire site or individual producer
- Used advanced settings, like event tracking
- Set up goals and funnels to monitor registrations
- Drove a 30% increase in traffic
- Improved registration process increased sign-up numbers 30%
- Led to the creation to two different video portals
The Public Broadcasting System’s interactive arm helps individual PBS producers and local PBS stations create and promote each section within PBS.org for programs. Their web analytics tools had been installed, but proved difficult to maintain and use. PBS needed a cohesive system across the entire enterprise, and for this they turned to Google Analytics. With the help of LunaMetrics, a Google Analytics Certified Partner, PBS was able to:
- Implement a solution, customized by LunaMetrics, that would allow producers of individual programs to see only the data on those pages and microsites that related to their own shows.
- Enable reporting that is robust, tailored and meaningful. Stakeholders are able to use analytics to inform critical and timely business decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- Analysis of search engine trends led to an increase in PBS traffic by 30% during the first year after implementation. PBS also used conversion funnel data to optimize the registration path in PBSKids, increasing conversions by one-third.