Dabur, one of India's most emblematic and traditional brands, embraced long format digital advertising with their 'Brave and Beautiful' campaign. The result? They connected with audiences like they never have before. We go behind the scenes with Krishan Kumar Chutani, Executive Director of Marketing, Praveen Jaipuriar, Head of Marketing Personal Care, and Archan Banerjee, Digital Marketing Head, to uncover the reasons for the campaign's incredible success.
- Shift the brand image away from a traditional one—one that's only understood by older generations, that’s "for my mother"—to a contemporary one
- Connect with their key target audience by making the brand "young, vibrant and socially conscious"
- Established YouTube as an essential tool for creating content that connects with wider audiences on a deeper level, as well as a means to share personal stories
- Changed brand perception by using long-form storytelling digital platforms
- Inspired the creation of interactive content hub mybeautynaturally.com
- 16 digital campaigns with Google (and counting)
- Account grew 70X from $5k to $350k
- 2.4M views on their anthem video for "Brave & Beautiful"
- 245% lift in ad recall in viewers vs non-viewers (best in class in the India FMCG category, with 82% lift in females aged 18-24 and 113% lift in ages 25-35—their key audience)
- Lift in Brand Awareness of 11% for the age 18-24 segment (5% overall)
- Won a Grand Prix at AdFest 2015