Sister Act the Musical lit up Broadway in 2011, receiving five Tony nominations--but it wasn't quite a sold-out show. So they tasked SpotCo with improving their site"s search placement to increase ticket sales. By using Google Media Ads, a unique ad format that allows an immersive experience within search results, they were able to convey the energy of the show to prospective ticket-buyers. Ticket sales on SisterActBroadway.com increased by 20%, doubling their ROI on search marketing.
- Increase overall ticket sales
- Stand apart from ticket broker’s sites with prominent search results placement
- Communicate that SisterActBroadway.com is the official site to purchase tickets
- Use Google Media Ads for top page position on the page and rich user interactions
- 20% increase in ticket sales
- ROI on search marketing doubled from the same time the previous year
- 13.73% of users clicked on the ad
SpotCo, the Search Engine Marketing agency for Sister Act the Musical's website "SisterActBroadway.com", is re-inventing the Broadway marketing space. Since 29% of its ticket purchases occur online, SpotCo knew how important it was for to stand apart from ticket brokers' sites and showcase that it was the official website for the musical.
SpotCo stood out from the competition with the use of Google Media Ads, a new ad format that runs on Google.com. Media Ads are guaranteed to run in the top position on the page, and offer more real estate and messaging opportunities, including a thumbnail that can expand when clicked into HD video for full-page immersive viewing. Media Ads are sold on a fixed cost-per-click, allowing for greater budgeting certainty.
As a result, SpotCo saw a 20% increase in ticket sales from SisterActBroadway.com. On top of the improved ticket sales, SpotCo was also impressed by users' interactions with the video in the ad. 13.73% of users clicked on the ad, and it received many video plays. A true testament to show how engagement leads to an increase in ticket sales.